The beginning of a new year is always a great time to start afresh; and this post looks at important tips to help you make progress in 2022.
Tips for Progress in 2022
Progress in 2022 begins with reviewing and learning from 2021. Before 2021 ends, I encourage you to do a personal end year review if you have not done so already. Process the events of the year, it will enable you to initiate the process to make progress in 2022.
The New Year is just round the corner.
2021 will come to an end in less than a week’s time and by God’s grace we will welcome in 2022.
At the beginning of the year 2021, I set myself some specific goals. I also went a step further and developed prayer points to address 3 areas of my life. We were encouraged by Pastor Bayo to write down prayers for 3 areas in 2021 during the Sunday sermon at TAC Hackbridge on 03 January 2021.
Reflecting on 2021
As I look back and reflect on the events of 2021, I appreciate that I did quite well on most of the goals set for 2021 and I am pleased that I have achievable goals. Glory be to God for answered prayers. I started the year very well, taking actions and steps to fulfil my goals.
The consistency however, wavered mid-year, picked up around August and wavered again towards the end of the year. I did not achieve the outcome expected in some areas. I can say this is mainly due to distractions and not doing what needed to be done.
As I reflect on 2021 before the start of 2022, my first impression is GRATITUDE to God that I am here, second is ACKNOWLEDGING God for all my achievements and success in 2021, and third is TRUSTING God for the year ahead.
My recent personal end of year review has highlighted many areas for improvement and I have learnt a few things to help me in the area of consistency. Going forward, it will help me take the necessary actions to follow through with my goals/ plan in the coming year. I want to share these with you too.
Important tips to help you make progress in 2022
Below I share what you need to keep at the forefront of your mind to help you with consistent actions throughout the year. These are questions you need to ask yourself regularly that will challenge you and help keep you on track.
- Why – Have a compelling ‘why’. The reason behind your goals should be strong and powerful.
- What – be clear about the specific details of what you want to achieve and what needs to be done to achieve it. Consider your skill set.
- Where – understand where you need to be to take the actions required, consider all the necessary factors – your positioning, e.g. do you need a coach, mentor, trainer, tutor or instructor?
- When – set deadlines, timescales and keep focused. Track and monitor your actions to ensure you are making progress. Review regularly and readjust as needed.
- Do you Work on yourself – press on the toward the goal – do something daily that moves you in the direction of your goal. Personal development and self-improvement is key to skill mastery.
Planning for 2022
As much as planning for the year in advance is important, more important is to commit your plans into the hands of God.
Starting can be easy but progress requires continuity and consistency which can sometimes be a challenge.
Starting afresh is an easy decision to make especially at the beginning of a new year in January, but to make progress we need to stay fresh and fired up all year through if we are to achieve substantial outcomes. How?
Ask yourself the right questions daily
So to make progress in 2022, challenge yourself; ask, answer and address the right questions on a daily basis.
- Why am I doing what I’m doing? Did I work towards my goals today?
- Am I in the right shape and space – mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually? What structure or strategy do I need?
- If I carry on the way I did today, will I achieve my goals?
- What mistakes did I make today and what can I learn from them?
Track and monitor your responses, take notes or jot down your thoughts or journal if that suits you best. Take necessary actions from your discovery and make the necessary adjustments. Basically, take steps (no matter how small) each day to be better than the day before.
Finally, for each day of 2022 I will be intentional to appreciate God for where I am, acknowledge God in all my ways, and accept God’s word and trust Him.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV
This I believe is how to make progress in 2022.